1) How did it all start? I use to have a company called Boss Chicks Entertainment. Me and my friends use to promote events, take pictures and do music videos.
When I started my clothing line, I kept the name similar since my brand was already in Atlanta as being a boss chick. I also can be a Tom boy at times so I wanted to create a clothing line that was fun and stylish for the entire family. I wanted it to be for men and women. 7 years later, I’m still at it and getting sales from all over the world. I’m going to keep learning and growing. I love the smile on people face when they are wearing my brand. I will never stop!
2) So in your personal wardrobe, what are some must haves? Jewelry, Boss Behavior hoodies, BBH slides, Abercrombie jeans, a nice blouse, a black dress, a hat, a designer bag, t-shirt, leggings, a fly jacket, a pair of sneakers, a nude sandal, wedge heels and thigh high boots for the turn up LOL
3) What’s some advice you will give to entrepreneurs? Do your research and always pay for samples. You get to test the product and avoid a lot of headaches by purchasing samples. You will also save a lot of money if it turns out to be worthless. Don’t skip the process. Enjoy it! As long as you have inventory, you will always have money.
4) Who are some of the best dressed celebrities in your opinion? That’s a hard one. I love Rihanna and Kylie Jenner brand as a whole. However, my top pick would probably be :Fabulous , J .Lo, Ashanti, Rick Ross… of course( that’s bae) , and everyone that ever wore my brand . They know style LOL Major Love!!
5) Do you like dressing up? Only at night or when I’m on a date with my husband. If you see me during the day that’s not me, that’s the other Liyah smh LOL
6) Do you prefer to go shopping or just browse? Why? Both but It really depends on what kind of mood I’m in. Sometimes I can just go to the mal, browse, hit up a Victoria Secret sale and grab food from the food court …..But if I’m really moody, I will run it up!!! It is therapeutic for me.
7) Who gives you the best advice? My grandmothers. Both are so different but both are so wise. My grandma always told me,”as long as you have a little money you can do what you want”. That stuck with me .I’m very big on saving. I’m not money hungry though. I move how I want. I enjoy the simple things. My dad always had a lot of money so a lot of stuff just don’t excite me.
8) What’s some of your biggest lessons? Don’t rush…I learned to slow down and hand everything to God. God is truly the plug!! I am a religious person. Everyone close to me knows that. I go to church every Sunday, study the word, try to always be positive and talk to God a lot .Everything I ever wanted, HE gave it to me. I can say I want a diamond watch and find one on the ground. He be like you don’t have to spend your money baby girl .. here you go LOL (hint: His Favorite Trapper) A lot of people can say they are real but they ain’t got heart like me. God made me different. God is the MAN and when you fully understand that, you would never depend on man. Don’t be anxious about anything. Just pray, research and do the work. Consistency, faith, and passion are the keys to success!
To keep up with all Aaliyah is doing, you can follow her on Instagram at her store Boss Behavior Clothing @boss_behavior
Jul 29, 2021 0
Jun 16, 2021 0
Jul 29, 2021 0